- The John Wilkes Booth Mummy That Toured America
- WWII Aircraft Carrier Used in Atomic Bomb Tests Found Intact on Sea Floor
- Julius Caesar Suffered from Strokes, Not Epilepsy, New Study Says
- In Reversal, Pearl Harbor Unknowns to Be Exhumed
- 10 Things You May Not Know About the Lincoln Assassination
- Remembering Black Sunday, 80 Years Later
- 8 Things You May Not Know About the Gallipoli Campaign
- The Forgotten Story of America’s Titanic, 150 Years Ago
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Follow Eustace, Tom and Marty as they devote their lives to surviving off the grid, on their own terms.
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
This Day in History
Although accounts of an aquatic beast living in Scotland’s Loch Ness date back 1,500 years, the modern legend of the Loch Ness Monster is born when a sighting m…
Category: U.S. Capitol
In March 1954, members of an extremist Puerto Rican nationalist group launched a terrorist attack protesting U.S. control of the island.