- WWII’s Largest Battleship Revealed After 70 Years Underwater
- Discovery of Oldest Human Fossil Fills Evolutionary Gap
- Islamic Ring Found in 9th-Century Viking Grave
- The Warship of Peace That Fed Famine-Stricken Ireland
- History’s Biggest Art Heist Remains Unsolved, 25 Years Later
- 9 Things You May Not Know About Michelangelo
- 10 Things You Should Know About the Appalachian Trail
- After 400 Years, Investigators Find Remains of Cervantes, Don Quixote’s Creator
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Follow Eustace, Tom and Marty as they devote their lives to surviving off the grid, on their own terms.
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
This Day in History
At 4 a.m. on March 28, 1979, the worst accident in the history of the U.S. nuclear power industry begins when a pressure valve in the Unit-2 reactor at Three Mi…
Category: U.S. Navy
Learn the real-life story of Chris Kyle, the late Navy SEAL sharpshooter portrayed in the Oscar-nominated film “American Sniper.”
Delve into the history of America’s military on the 225th anniversary of its official founding.
Before “Lone Survivor” hits theaters on January 10, read the incredible tale of Marcus Luttrell and his fellow Navy SEALs that is the basis for the film.
The elite U.S. special operations unit that killed Osama bin Laden lost one of its members last weekend during a rescue operation in Afghanistan.
Find out about the history and past operations of the elite Navy SEAL unit that killed Osama bin Laden.