- 10 Things You May Not Know About Abraham Lincoln
- 5 Things You May Not Know About the Pilgrims
- 9 Things You May Not Know About the Declaration of Independence
- A Calamity at Sea, 70 Years Ago
- 10 Things You May Not Know About Marie Antoinette
- 10 Things You May Not Know About Christopher Columbus
- 5 Facts About Pearl Harbor and the USS Arizona
- 5 Things You May Not Know About Lincoln, Slavery and Emancipation
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Follow Eustace, Tom and Marty as they devote their lives to surviving off the grid, on their own terms.
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
This Day in History
The first Nobel Prizes are awarded in Stockholm, Sweden, in the fields of physics, chemistry, medicine, literature, and peace. The ceremony came on the fifth an…
Category: U.S. States
On the 150th anniversary of West Virginia’s admission to the Union, learn eight surprising facts about America’s 35th state.
On the 210th anniversary of the Louisiana Purchase, take a look behind the scenes of the historic real-estate deal.
Celebrate Texas Independence Day with a look at some of the state’s quirks.