- 10 Things You May Not Know About Abraham Lincoln
- 9 Things You May Not Know About William Tecumseh Sherman
- Researchers Identify Fragment of Amelia Earhart’s Plane
- 9 Things You May Not Know About Ellis Island
- Archaeologists Uncover 5,000-Year-Old Human Footprints in Denmark
- 9 Fascinating Facts About the Suez Canal
- 10 Things You Should Know About Voltaire
- Napoleon’s Hat Fetches $2.4 Million at Auction
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Follow Eustace, Tom and Marty as they devote their lives to surviving off the grid, on their own terms.
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
This Day in History
After sailing through the dangerous straits below South America that now bear his name, Portuguese navigator Ferdinand Magellan enters the Pacific Ocean with th…
Category: Ulysses S. Grant
On the 145th anniversary of Jim Fisk and Jay Gould’s attempt to corner the U.S. gold market, learn more about one of the 19th century’s most infamous financial scandals.
On the 150th anniversary of the Civil War’s Overland Campaign, look back at the six bloody weeks when Lee and Grant dueled for the first time.
General Ulysses S. Grant issued arguably the most infamous anti-Semitic regulation in U.S. history 150 years ago today.