- The First Battle of the Marne, 100 Years Ago
- The Dutch Surrender New Netherland, 350 Years Ago
- Has Jack the Ripper’s Identity Been Revealed?
- Tomb Dating From the Time of Alexander the Great Found in Northern Greece
- World War II Begins, 75 Years Ago
- 8 Things You May Not Know About Augustus
- 9 Things You May Not Know About Lizzie Borden
- 10 Things You May Not Know About Bonnie and Clyde
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Follow Eustace, Tom and Marty as they devote their lives to surviving off the grid, on their own terms.
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
This Day in History
On this day in 1978, boxer Muhammad Ali defeats Leon Spinks at the Louisiana Superdome in New Orleans to win the world heavyweight boxing title for the third ti…
Category: Ulysses S. Grant
On the 150th anniversary of the Civil War’s Overland Campaign, look back at the six bloody weeks when Lee and Grant dueled for the first time.
General Ulysses S. Grant issued arguably the most infamous anti-Semitic regulation in U.S. history 150 years ago today.