- 6 Things You Should Know About Napoleon
- Scientists Spot an Earth-Size Planet 500 Light-Years Away
- 8 Things You May Not Know About Queen Elizabeth II
- 9 Things You May Not Know About Lizzie Borden
- 10 Things You May Not Know About the Eiffel Tower
- 8 Things You Didn't Know About Catherine the Great
- The Dark Side of the Grimm Fairy Tales
- 9 Things You May Not Know About Charlie Chaplin
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Follow Eustace, Tom and Marty as they devote their lives to surviving off the grid, on their own terms.
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
This Day in History
The first Earth Day, 1970
Earth Day, an event to increase public awareness of the world's environmental problems, is celebrated in the United States for the first time. Millions of …
Category: Ulysses S. Grant
General Ulysses S. Grant issued arguably the most infamous anti-Semitic regulation in U.S. history 150 years ago today.