- 6 Things You Should Know About Napoleon
- Scientists Spot an Earth-Size Planet 500 Light-Years Away
- 9 Things You May Not Know About Lizzie Borden
- 8 Things You May Not Know About Queen Elizabeth II
- 10 Things You May Not Know About the Eiffel Tower
- 8 Things You Didn't Know About Catherine the Great
- The Dark Side of the Grimm Fairy Tales
- 9 Things You May Not Know About Charlie Chaplin
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Follow Eustace, Tom and Marty as they devote their lives to surviving off the grid, on their own terms.
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
This Day in History
William Shakespeare born, 1564
According to tradition, the great English dramatist and poet William Shakespeare is born in Stratford-on-Avon on April 23, 1564. It is impossible to be certain …
Explore six lasting legacies of the 1964 New York World’s Fair on the 50th anniversary of its opening.
Skeletons buried deep beneath a square in London yield new information about how one of history’s deadliest plagues spread through 14th-century Britain.
A century after St. Patrick, another Irish saint embarked on a legendary voyage that some believe took him to North America.
As St. Patrick’s Day approaches, explore 10 surprising facts about the first Irish-American president—and he wasn’t JFK.
Explore key events in the life and career of Margaret Thatcher, who died Monday at age 87.