- CT Scan Reveals Mummified Monk Inside Ancient Buddha Statue
- The Battle of Iwo Jima Begins, 70 Years Ago
- First Viking Temple in 1,000 Years Coming to Iceland
- The Lincoln Memorial’s Bizarre Rejected Designs
- The Real-Life Story Behind “American Sniper”
- 10 Top Draws of San Francisco’s 1915 World’s Fair
- The Miracle on Ice, 35 Years Ago
- Ancient Mortuary That Boiled, Defleshed Corpses Unearthed
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Follow Eustace, Tom and Marty as they devote their lives to surviving off the grid, on their own terms.
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
Told he wouldn’t live past 50, the oldest known American survivor of the brutal Bataan Death March during World War II, died Sunday at 105.
Nancy Wake, who fled Australia to see the world at 16, ended up at the top of the Gestapo’s most-wanted list for her leading role in the French resistance.
Claude Choules, a resident of Australia who also served during World War II, died Thursday at 110.
Frank Buckles, America’s last surviving World War I veteran, has died at age 110.
Dick Winters, whose bravery and heroism during World War II were chronicled in the book and television series “Band of Brothers,” has died at 92.