- 10 Things You May Not Know About Abraham Lincoln
- 9 Things You May Not Know About William Tecumseh Sherman
- 9 Things You May Not Know About Ellis Island
- Researchers Identify Fragment of Amelia Earhart’s Plane
- Archaeologists Uncover 5,000-Year-Old Human Footprints in Denmark
- 9 Fascinating Facts About the Suez Canal
- 10 Things You May Not Know About the Berlin Wall
- "Virtual Autopsy" of King Tut Paints Unflattering Picture
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Follow Eustace, Tom and Marty as they devote their lives to surviving off the grid, on their own terms.
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
This Day in History
President Franklin D. Roosevelt signs a bill officially establishing the fourth Thursday in November as Thanksgiving Day. The tradition of celebrating the holid…
Nancy Wake, who fled Australia to see the world at 16, ended up at the top of the Gestapo’s most-wanted list for her leading role in the French resistance.
Claude Choules, a resident of Australia who also served during World War II, died Thursday at 110.
Frank Buckles, America’s last surviving World War I veteran, has died at age 110.
Dick Winters, whose bravery and heroism during World War II were chronicled in the book and television series “Band of Brothers,” has died at 92.