- The John Wilkes Booth Mummy That Toured America
- 10 Things You May Not Know About the Lincoln Assassination
- 10 Things You May Not Know About Abraham Lincoln
- Remembering Black Sunday, 80 Years Later
- Hunting Lincoln’s Killer
- Julius Caesar Suffered from Strokes, Not Epilepsy, New Study Says
- WWII Aircraft Carrier Used in Atomic Bomb Tests Found Intact on Sea Floor
- What Lincoln Said in His Final Speech
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Follow Eustace, Tom and Marty as they devote their lives to surviving off the grid, on their own terms.
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
This Day in History
On this day in 4977 B.C., the universe is created, according to German mathematician and astronomer Johannes Kepler, considered a founder of modern science. Kep…
Told he wouldn’t live past 50, the oldest known American survivor of the brutal Bataan Death March during World War II, died Sunday at 105.
Nancy Wake, who fled Australia to see the world at 16, ended up at the top of the Gestapo’s most-wanted list for her leading role in the French resistance.
Claude Choules, a resident of Australia who also served during World War II, died Thursday at 110.
Frank Buckles, America’s last surviving World War I veteran, has died at age 110.
Dick Winters, whose bravery and heroism during World War II were chronicled in the book and television series “Band of Brothers,” has died at 92.