- The Strange Case of Emperor Norton I of the United States
- 10 Things You May Not Know About Sigmund Freud
- The History Behind the Scottish Independence Vote
- British Files Reveal Secrets of WWII Spies, Traitors
- The Capture of the Lindbergh Baby Kidnapper, 80 Years Ago
- 9 Things You May Not Know About “The Star-Spangled Banner”
- Ship From Doomed Arctic Expedition Found After 170 Years
- Has Jack the Ripper’s Identity Been Revealed?
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Follow Eustace, Tom and Marty as they devote their lives to surviving off the grid, on their own terms.
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
This Day in History
USS commissioned, 1954
The USS Nautilus, the world's first nuclear submarine, is commissioned by the U.S. Navy. The Nautilus was constructed under the direction of U.S. Navy Capt…
Category: Vietnam War
One real and one phantom firefight 50 years ago embroiled the United States in the Vietnam War.
Get the facts on the Vietnam Veterans Memorial on the 30th anniversary of its unveiling.
Explore eight surprising facts about Arlington National Cemetery, which has been the focal point of national Memorial Day commemorations since 1868.
For the first time in nearly 30 years, television tackles one of American history’s difficult chapters—the Vietnam War—with an all-new, large-scale documentary series.
On the 40th anniversary of their leak to the public, the Pentagon Papers have been declassified and released in their entirety.