- 10 Things You May Not Know About Abraham Lincoln
- 9 Things You May Not Know About William Tecumseh Sherman
- 9 Things You May Not Know About Ellis Island
- Researchers Identify Fragment of Amelia Earhart’s Plane
- Archaeologists Uncover 5,000-Year-Old Human Footprints in Denmark
- 9 Fascinating Facts About the Suez Canal
- 10 Things You May Not Know About the Berlin Wall
- "Virtual Autopsy" of King Tut Paints Unflattering Picture
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Follow Eustace, Tom and Marty as they devote their lives to surviving off the grid, on their own terms.
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
This Day in History
President Franklin D. Roosevelt signs a bill officially establishing the fourth Thursday in November as Thanksgiving Day. The tradition of celebrating the holid…
A new study concludes that the heat from Antarctic volcanoes helped many plants and bugs survive past ice ages.
A team of researchers has discovered more information about what causes “supervolcanoes” to erupt, and their findings are unsettling.
Scientists in northern China are getting a rare glimpse into a prehistoric world, after discovering an ancient forest buried under a thick layer of volcanic ash near the Mongolian district of Wuda.