- The John Wilkes Booth Mummy That Toured America
- The Forgotten Story of America’s Titanic, 150 Years Ago
- 8 Things You May Not Know About the Gallipoli Campaign
- In Reversal, Pearl Harbor Unknowns to Be Exhumed
- 8 Things You Didn't Know About Catherine the Great
- WWII Aircraft Carrier Used in Atomic Bomb Tests Found Intact on Sea Floor
- Mussolini’s Final Hours, 70 Years Ago
- Julius Caesar Suffered from Strokes, Not Epilepsy, New Study Says
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Follow Eustace, Tom and Marty as they devote their lives to surviving off the grid, on their own terms.
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
This Day in History
In a ceremony presided over by England’s Queen Elizabeth II and French President Francois Mitterand, a rail tunnel under the English Channel was officially open…
A new study concludes that the heat from Antarctic volcanoes helped many plants and bugs survive past ice ages.
A team of researchers has discovered more information about what causes “supervolcanoes” to erupt, and their findings are unsettling.
Scientists in northern China are getting a rare glimpse into a prehistoric world, after discovering an ancient forest buried under a thick layer of volcanic ash near the Mongolian district of Wuda.