- 8 Things You May Not Know About Emperor Claudius
- The Black Sox Baseball Scandal, 95 Years Ago
- Divers Excavate Greek Shipwreck Dubbed “Ancient Titanic”
- The London Beer Flood, 200 Years Ago
- 10 Things You May Not Know About Christopher Columbus
- Indonesian Cave Paintings May Be Among World’s Oldest Art
- The Viking Explorer Who Beat Columbus to America
- Massive Icebergs Once Reached Florida Coast
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Follow Eustace, Tom and Marty as they devote their lives to surviving off the grid, on their own terms.
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
This Day in History
Pablo Picasso born, 1881
Pablo Picasso, one of the greatest and most influential artists of the 20th century, is born in Malaga, Spain. Picasso's father was a professor of drawing,…
A new study concludes that the heat from Antarctic volcanoes helped many plants and bugs survive past ice ages.
A team of researchers has discovered more information about what causes “supervolcanoes” to erupt, and their findings are unsettling.
Scientists in northern China are getting a rare glimpse into a prehistoric world, after discovering an ancient forest buried under a thick layer of volcanic ash near the Mongolian district of Wuda.