- 8 Things You May Not Know About the Battle of the Bulge
- Time Capsule Buried by Paul Revere and Sam Adams Discovered in Boston
- Shackled Skeletons Unearthed at Roman Necropolis in France
- Researchers Identify Fragment of Amelia Earhart’s Plane
- Found: San Francisco’s Deadliest Shipwreck
- The Truth About Poland’s “Vampire” Burials
- 10 Things You May Not Know About George Armstrong Custer
- 10 Things You May Not Know About Bonnie and Clyde
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Follow Eustace, Tom and Marty as they devote their lives to surviving off the grid, on their own terms.
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
This Day in History
On this day in 1956, a baby gorilla named Colo enters the world at the Columbus Zoo in Ohio, becoming the first-ever gorilla born in captivity. Weighing in at a…
A new study concludes that the heat from Antarctic volcanoes helped many plants and bugs survive past ice ages.
A team of researchers has discovered more information about what causes “supervolcanoes” to erupt, and their findings are unsettling.
Scientists in northern China are getting a rare glimpse into a prehistoric world, after discovering an ancient forest buried under a thick layer of volcanic ash near the Mongolian district of Wuda.