- Iron Age Graves in Britain Yield Hybrid Animals and Human Sacrifice
- 10 Things You May Not Know About Ulysses S. Grant
- Chicago’s Deadliest Day, 100 Years Ago
- 10 Things You May Not Know About Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis
- Peru Plans First Contact with Isolated Amazonian Tribe
- The Day Dylan Went Electric
- The Original Wild West Showdown, 150 Years Ago
- Disneyland’s Disastrous Opening Day, 60 Years Ago
This Day in History
Anne Frank captured, 1944
Acting on tip from a Dutch informer, the Nazi Gestapo captures 15-year-old Jewish diarist Anne Frank and her family in a sealed-off area of an Amsterdam warehou…
More to Explore
Catch up on new discoveries, explore important anniversaries and get the history behind today's headlines.
Count your way through history with eye-opening lineups of events, figures, facts and more.
Myths debunked, truths revealed and your most burning history questions answered.
Explore food facts and get the story behind your favorite dishes.
A new study concludes that the heat from Antarctic volcanoes helped many plants and bugs survive past ice ages.
A team of researchers has discovered more information about what causes “supervolcanoes” to erupt, and their findings are unsettling.
Scientists in northern China are getting a rare glimpse into a prehistoric world, after discovering an ancient forest buried under a thick layer of volcanic ash near the Mongolian district of Wuda.