- The Strange Case of Emperor Norton I of the United States
- 10 Things You May Not Know About Sigmund Freud
- The History Behind the Scottish Independence Vote
- British Files Reveal Secrets of WWII Spies, Traitors
- The Capture of the Lindbergh Baby Kidnapper, 80 Years Ago
- 9 Things You May Not Know About “The Star-Spangled Banner”
- Amphipolis Tomb May Belong to Alexander the Great’s Mother
- Ship From Doomed Arctic Expedition Found After 170 Years
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Follow Eustace, Tom and Marty as they devote their lives to surviving off the grid, on their own terms.
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
This Day in History
On this day in 1890, an act of Congress creates Yosemite National Park, home of such natural wonders as Half Dome and the giant sequoia trees. Environmental tra…
A new study concludes that the heat from Antarctic volcanoes helped many plants and bugs survive past ice ages.
A team of researchers has discovered more information about what causes “supervolcanoes” to erupt, and their findings are unsettling.
Scientists in northern China are getting a rare glimpse into a prehistoric world, after discovering an ancient forest buried under a thick layer of volcanic ash near the Mongolian district of Wuda.