- 10 Things You May Not Know About Bonnie and Clyde
- 8 Things You Didn't Know About Catherine the Great
- The Real-Life Story Behind "Lone Survivor"
- 9 Things You May Not Know About the Declaration of Independence
- 9 Things You May Not Know About Lizzie Borden
- 5 Things You May Not Know About Lincoln, Slavery and Emancipation
- 8 Things You May Not Know About Queen Elizabeth II
- 10 Things You May Not Know About John D. Rockefeller
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Follow Eustace, Tom and Marty as they devote their lives to surviving off the grid, on their own terms.
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
This Day in History
Miss America resigns, 1984
On this day in 1984, 21-year-old Vanessa Williams gives up her Miss America title, the first resignation in the pageant's history, after Penthouse magazine…
Category: War of 1812
Months before torching Washington, D.C., in the War of 1812, British forces burned Buffalo, New York, to the ground 200 years ago.
On the 200th anniversary of Tecumseh’s death, get the facts on the legendary Shawnee war chief.
“We have met the enemy and they are ours,” proclaimed Oliver Perry after defeating a British fleet on Lake Erie 200 years ago.
As 2012 comes to an end, explore some of the year’s stories, as covered by History in the Headlines.
Two hundred years ago, USS Constitution defeated HMS Guerriere and earned the nickname “Old Ironsides.”
The United States’ invasion of Canada 200 years ago went awry from the start.
On the 200th anniversary of the start of the War of 1812, explore 10 surprising facts about the conflict.