- 10 Things You May Not Know About Bonnie and Clyde
- 8 Things You Didn't Know About Catherine the Great
- What If the Moon Landing Had Failed?
- 9 Things You May Not Know About the Declaration of Independence
- The Real-Life Story Behind "Lone Survivor"
- 8 Things You May Not Know About Queen Elizabeth II
- 9 Things You May Not Know About Lizzie Borden
- 10 Things You May Not Know About Samuel Colt
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Follow Eustace, Tom and Marty as they devote their lives to surviving off the grid, on their own terms.
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
This Day in History
NASA created, 1958
On this day in 1958, the U.S. Congress passes legislation establishing the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA), a civilian agency responsible f…
Get the story behind Death Valley’s record-breaking heat wave.
For five days in December 1952, the Great Smog smothered London, wreaking havoc and killing thousands.
Iced drinks were luxuries for the rich until 19th-century entrepreneur Frederic Tudor made a fortune shipping New England ice around the world.
The solar storm that hit Earth last Thursday delivered only a glancing blow, but in 1859 the planet wasn’t so lucky.
Explore some of the numerous events scholars have linked to the Little Ice Age, which new research suggests was caused by volcanic eruptions.
Does history support the common perception that disasters can lead to spikes in birth rates?
As Hurricane Irene churns toward the northeastern United States, find out how tropical cyclones came to be assigned people’s names.
As temperatures soar in many regions of the United States, find out how people beat the heat when cranking up the A/C wasn’t an option.