- 10 Things You May Not Know About Christopher Columbus
- Indonesian Cave Paintings May Be Among World’s Oldest Art
- The Viking Explorer Who Beat Columbus to America
- Divers Excavate Greek Shipwreck Dubbed “Ancient Titanic”
- Iconic Waldorf Astoria Hotel Changes Hands
- The Black Sox Baseball Scandal, 95 Years Ago
- 10 Things You May Not Know About Sigmund Freud
- Thor Heyerdahl’s Kon-Tiki Voyage
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
This Day in History
On October 20, 1947, the notorious Red Scare kicks into high gear in Washington, as a Congressional committee begins investigating Communist influence in one of…
Category: William Howard Taft
New research has revealed that the portliest of American presidents shed 60 pounds on a modern, low-carb diet.
A former president, a current president, a future president and a Socialist Party candidate all sought the White House 100 years ago.