- Discovery of Oldest Human Fossil Fills Evolutionary Gap
- 10 Things You Should Know About the Appalachian Trail
- WWII’s Largest Battleship Revealed After 70 Years Underwater
- 9 Things You May Not Know About Michelangelo
- The Warship of Peace That Fed Famine-Stricken Ireland
- Islamic Ring Found in 9th-Century Viking Grave
- When Did the “Age of Man” Begin?
- Gandhi’s Salt March, 85 Years Ago
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Follow Eustace, Tom and Marty as they devote their lives to surviving off the grid, on their own terms.
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
This Day in History
In a ceremony at the White House, Egyptian President Anwar el-Sadat and Israeli Prime Minister Menachem Begin sign a historic peace agreement, ending three deca…
Category: William Wallace
A note of recommendation issued by King Philip IV of France and possibly carried by William Wallace will go on display this August at the Scottish Parliament.
Was Scottish knight William Wallace of “Braveheart” fame the inspiration behind the legend of Robin Hood?