- 8 Things You May Not Know About the Battle of the Bulge
- Time Capsule Buried by Paul Revere and Sam Adams Discovered in Boston
- Shackled Skeletons Unearthed at Roman Necropolis in France
- Found: San Francisco’s Deadliest Shipwreck
- Researchers Identify Fragment of Amelia Earhart’s Plane
- 10 Things You May Not Know About Bonnie and Clyde
- The Truth About Poland’s “Vampire” Burials
- 8 Things You May Not Know About Louis Zamperini
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Follow Eustace, Tom and Marty as they devote their lives to surviving off the grid, on their own terms.
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
This Day in History
On this day in 1956, a baby gorilla named Colo enters the world at the Columbus Zoo in Ohio, becoming the first-ever gorilla born in captivity. Weighing in at a…
Category: Winston Churchill
As Congress considers honorary U.S. citizenship for Spaniard Bernardo de Gálvez, learn about the seven foreign nationals who have received the tribute.
A quarter-century before boldly leading Britain in World War II, Winston Churchill spearheaded a World War I military debacle—Gallipoli.
Exploring some surprising facts about the British wartime leader.
The British prime minister was also an accomplished author who published more than 40 books.