- 10 Things You May Not Know About Abraham Lincoln
- 9 Things You May Not Know About Franklin D. Roosevelt
- Ottoman “War Camel” Skeleton Found in Austrian Basement
- What Lincoln Said in His Final Speech
- Forty-Five Years Ago, Apollo 13 Launches
- Vast Underground City Found in Turkey May Be One of the World’s Largest
- Researchers Use Medieval Remedy to Kill Modern Superbug
- How the Civil War Stalked Wilmer McLean
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Follow Eustace, Tom and Marty as they devote their lives to surviving off the grid, on their own terms.
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
This Day in History
On April 20, 1980, the Castro regime announces that all Cubans wishing to emigrate to the U.S. are free to board boats at the port of Mariel west of Havana, lau…
Category: Winston Churchill
Fifty years after Great Britain said farewell to Winston Churchill, look back at the largest state funeral the world had ever seen up to that point in time.
As Congress considers honorary U.S. citizenship for Spaniard Bernardo de Gálvez, learn about the seven foreign nationals who have received the tribute.
A quarter-century before boldly leading Britain in World War II, Winston Churchill spearheaded a World War I military debacle—Gallipoli.
Exploring some surprising facts about the British wartime leader.
The British prime minister was also an accomplished author who published more than 40 books.