- 8 Things You May Not Know About Emperor Claudius
- Divers Excavate Greek Shipwreck Dubbed “Ancient Titanic”
- The Black Sox Baseball Scandal, 95 Years Ago
- The London Beer Flood, 200 Years Ago
- Indonesian Cave Paintings May Be Among World’s Oldest Art
- 10 Things You May Not Know About Christopher Columbus
- The Viking Explorer Who Beat Columbus to America
- Massive Icebergs Once Reached Florida Coast
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Follow Eustace, Tom and Marty as they devote their lives to surviving off the grid, on their own terms.
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
This Day in History
Pablo Picasso born, 1881
Pablo Picasso, one of the greatest and most influential artists of the 20th century, is born in Malaga, Spain. Picasso's father was a professor of drawing,…
Category: Women's History
Who was Mary Surratt, an alleged collaborator in the plot to kill Abraham Lincoln and the inspiration behind the new movie “The Conspirator”?
Geraldine Hoff Doyle, the model for an iconic poster associated with Rosie the Riveter, died on December 26 at the age of 86.
Queen Arsinoë II ruled Egypt as a female pharaoh long before her more famous descendant, Cleopatra VII, according to a new study.
American women achieved the right to vote on August 18, 1920, thanks in part to a Tennessee legislator with a very powerful mother.