- 8 Things You May Not Know About the Battle of the Bulge
- Time Capsule Buried by Paul Revere and Sam Adams Discovered in Boston
- Shackled Skeletons Unearthed at Roman Necropolis in France
- Researchers Identify Fragment of Amelia Earhart’s Plane
- Found: San Francisco’s Deadliest Shipwreck
- 10 Things You May Not Know About Bonnie and Clyde
- The Truth About Poland’s “Vampire” Burials
- 10 Things You May Not Know About George Armstrong Custer
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Follow Eustace, Tom and Marty as they devote their lives to surviving off the grid, on their own terms.
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
This Day in History
On this day in 1956, a baby gorilla named Colo enters the world at the Columbus Zoo in Ohio, becoming the first-ever gorilla born in captivity. Weighing in at a…
Category: World Trade Center
Forty years ago, New York awoke to find Philippe Petit walking on a wire between the 110-story Twin Towers of the World Trade Center.
Using tree rings, scientists have identified the origins of a wooden ship unearthed at the former World Trade Center site in Manhattan four years ago.
As its record-topping spire is installed, find out more about the building that has already become a New York icon.
A bombing of the World Trade Center 20 years ago proved to be a frightening prelude to future acts of terrorism.