- The Lincoln Memorial’s Bizarre Rejected Designs
- Magna Carta Worth $15 Million Found in Archived Scrapbook
- Oldest Surviving USS Arizona Crewman Dies at 100
- The Real-Life Story Behind “American Sniper”
- Mandela Becomes a Free Man, 25 Years Ago
- 6 Surprising Facts About St. Valentine
- First Viking Temple in 1,000 Years Coming to Iceland
- The Battle of Iwo Jima Begins, 70 Years Ago
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Follow Eustace, Tom and Marty as they devote their lives to surviving off the grid, on their own terms.
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
This Day in History
On this day in 1827, a group of masked and costumed students dance through the streets of New Orleans, Louisiana, marking the beginning of the city's famou…
Category: World's Fair
On the centennial of the 1915 World’s Fair in San Francisco, take a virtual tour through some of its most popular—and most unusual—attractions.
Explore six lasting legacies of the 1964 New York World’s Fair on the 50th anniversary of its opening.
On the 120th anniversary of its opening day, here are some surprising facts about the World’s Columbian Exposition.