- 8 Things You May Not Know About Memorial Day
- 10 Things You May Not Know About Marie Antoinette
- Remembering New England’s “Dark Day”
- 10 Things You May Not Know About Jefferson Davis
- 9 Things You Should Know About the Wars of the Roses
- 8 Things You Didn't Know About Catherine the Great
- Arlington National Cemetery: 8 Surprising Facts
- Scientists Reveal Inside Story of Ancient Egyptian Animal Mummies
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Follow Eustace, Tom and Marty as they devote their lives to surviving off the grid, on their own terms.
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
This Day in History
Joan of Arc martyred, 1431
At Rouen in English-controlled Normandy, Joan of Arc, the peasant girl who became the savior of France, is burned at the stake for heresy. Joan was born in 1412…
Category: World's Fair
On the centennial of the 1915 World’s Fair in San Francisco, take a virtual tour through some of its most popular—and most unusual—attractions.
Explore six lasting legacies of the 1964 New York World’s Fair on the 50th anniversary of its opening.
On the 120th anniversary of its opening day, here are some surprising facts about the World’s Columbian Exposition.