- 10 Things You May Not Know About Martin Luther King Jr.
- The Real-Life Story Behind “American Sniper”
- Contents of Boston Time Capsule Buried by Samuel Adams and Paul Revere Unveiled
- 10 Things You Should Know About Prohibition
- Searching for Genghis Khan
- Researchers Unlock Key to Reading Damaged Scrolls From Pompeii Disaster
- Audie Murphy’s World War II Heroics, 70 Years Ago
- The Fall of Fort Fisher, 150 Years Ago
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Follow Eustace, Tom and Marty as they devote their lives to surviving off the grid, on their own terms.
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
This Day in History
U.S. President Harry S. Truman publicly announces his decision to support the development of the hydrogen bomb, a weapon theorized to be hundreds of times more …
Category: Wright Brothers
On the 110th anniversary of the Wright brothers’ first flight, find out 10 things you may not know about the aviation pioneers.
The Connecticut Senate has passed legislation effectively stripping Wilbur and Orville Wright of recognition for the first powered flight in history.