- The Lincoln Memorial’s Bizarre Rejected Designs
- CT Scan Reveals Mummified Monk Inside Ancient Buddha Statue
- First Viking Temple in 1,000 Years Coming to Iceland
- The Battle of Iwo Jima Begins, 70 Years Ago
- The Real-Life Story Behind “American Sniper”
- Scientists Seek Cholera DNA in Tuscan Cemetery
- Magna Carta Worth $15 Million Found in Archived Scrapbook
- Oldest Surviving USS Arizona Crewman Dies at 100
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Follow Eustace, Tom and Marty as they devote their lives to surviving off the grid, on their own terms.
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
This Day in History
Dr. Seuss born, 1904
On this day in 1904, Theodor Geisel, better known to the world as Dr. Seuss, the author and illustrator of such beloved children's books as "The Cat i…
Category: Wright Brothers
On the 110th anniversary of the Wright brothers’ first flight, find out 10 things you may not know about the aviation pioneers.
The Connecticut Senate has passed legislation effectively stripping Wilbur and Orville Wright of recognition for the first powered flight in history.