- 8 Things You May Not Know About Augustus
- Tomb Dating From the Time of Alexander the Great Found in Northern Greece
- New Study Suggests Neanderthals and Humans Co-Existed for Millennia
- 7 Fascinating Facts About the Panama Canal
- The British Burn Washington, D.C., 200 Years Ago
- The Royal Diet of Richard III Revealed
- 9 Things You May Not Know About Lizzie Borden
- 10 Things You May Not Know About Bonnie and Clyde
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Follow Eustace, Tom and Marty as they devote their lives to surviving off the grid, on their own terms.
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
This Day in History
On this day in 1980, representatives of the communist government of Poland agree to the demands of striking shipyard workers in the city of Gdansk. Former elect…
Category: Wright Brothers
On the 110th anniversary of the Wright brothers’ first flight, find out 10 things you may not know about the aviation pioneers.
The Connecticut Senate has passed legislation effectively stripping Wilbur and Orville Wright of recognition for the first powered flight in history.