- The London Beer Flood, 200 Years Ago
- "Virtual Autopsy" of King Tut Paints Unflattering Picture
- The Cardiff Giant Fools the Nation, 145 Years Ago
- 10 Things You May Not Know About Herbert Hoover
- Archaeologists Unearth Giant Sphinx—in California
- 8 Things You May Not Know About Emperor Claudius
- Divers Excavate Greek Shipwreck Dubbed “Ancient Titanic”
- The Charge of the Light Brigade, 160 Years Ago
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Follow Eustace, Tom and Marty as they devote their lives to surviving off the grid, on their own terms.
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
This Day in History
On this day in 1517, the priest and scholar Martin Luther approaches the door of the Castle Church in Wittenberg, Germany, and nails a piece of paper to it cont…
Category: Wright Brothers
On the 110th anniversary of the Wright brothers’ first flight, find out 10 things you may not know about the aviation pioneers.
The Connecticut Senate has passed legislation effectively stripping Wilbur and Orville Wright of recognition for the first powered flight in history.