- The Dutch Surrender New Netherland, 350 Years Ago
- Has Jack the Ripper’s Identity Been Revealed?
- The First Battle of the Marne, 100 Years Ago
- Ship From Doomed Arctic Expedition Found After 170 Years
- 9 Things You May Not Know About “The Star-Spangled Banner”
- Tomb Dating From the Time of Alexander the Great Found in Northern Greece
- 9 Things You May Not Know About Lizzie Borden
- 10 Things You May Not Know About Bonnie and Clyde
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Follow Eustace, Tom and Marty as they devote their lives to surviving off the grid, on their own terms.
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
This Day in History
On this day in 1793, George Washington lays the cornerstone to the United States Capitol building, the home of the legislative branch of American government. Th…
Category: Wright Brothers
On the 110th anniversary of the Wright brothers’ first flight, find out 10 things you may not know about the aviation pioneers.
The Connecticut Senate has passed legislation effectively stripping Wilbur and Orville Wright of recognition for the first powered flight in history.