- 7 Things You May Not Know About Jesse James
- 8 Things You May Not Know About Mark Twain
- 7 Failed Predictions from History
- 10 Things You May Not Know About the Vikings
- 10 Things You May Not Know About Roman Gladiators
- 11 Things You May Not Know About Ancient Egypt
- 10 Things You Didn't Know About William Shakespeare
- 8 Reasons It Wasn’t Easy Being Spartan
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Follow Eustace, Tom and Marty as they devote their lives to surviving off the grid, on their own terms.
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
This Day in History
First airplane flies, 1903
Near Kitty Hawk, North Carolina, Orville and Wilbur Wright make the first successful flight in history of a self-propelled, heavier-than-air aircraft. Orville p…
Author: Barbara Maranzani
Nearly 40 years after his mysterious disappearance, the search for the ex-Teamster boss continues to fascinate the public—and frustrate authorities.
In honor of Flag Day, June 14, check out some things you should know about the Stars and Stripes.
On the battle’s 150th anniversary, here are seven facts you may not know about Lee’s daring victory.
From the earliest steam locomotives to today’s high-speed “bullet trains,” here are eight things you may not know about the “iron horse.”
From China’s “flying money” to Siberian “soft gold,” here are eight things you may not know about the history of money.