- 11 Things You May Not Know About Ancient Egypt
- 6 Mysterious Disappearances in U.S. History
- 6 Soldiers Who Refused to Surrender
- 7 Historical Figures Famous for Something They Never Did
- 7 Terrifying Historical Figures
- 10 Common Sayings With Historical Origins
- 8 Unusual Civil War Weapons
- 8 Reasons It Wasn’t Easy Being Spartan
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Meet Rollo, a natural-born fighter forced to live in his brother's shadow.
More than 2.5 million rivets hold together this Paris landmark.
Check out some of Troy's most memorable moments from the swamp.
Explore 10 things you may not know about the annual basketball tournament.
This Day in History
Rosenbergs executed, 1953
On this day in 1953, Julius and Ethel Rosenberg, who were convicted of conspiring to pass U.S. atomic secrets to the Soviets, are executed at Sing Sing Prison i…
Author: Barbara Maranzani
In honor of Flag Day, June 14, check out some things you should know about the Stars and Stripes.
On the battle’s 150th anniversary, here are seven facts you may not know about Lee’s daring victory.
From the earliest steam locomotives to today’s high-speed “bullet trains,” here are eight things you may not know about the “iron horse.”
From China’s “flying money” to Siberian “soft gold,” here are eight things you may not know about the history of money.