- 11 Things You May Not Know About Ancient Egypt
- 5 Things Victorian Women Didn't Do (Much)
- 7 Historical Figures Famous for Something They Never Did
- 7 Terrifying Historical Figures
- 8 Reasons It Wasn’t Easy Being Spartan
- 10 Common Sayings With Historical Origins
- 6 Historical Figures Who May or May Not Have Existed
- 6 Mysterious Disappearances in U.S. History
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Follow Eustace, Tom and Marty as they devote their lives to surviving off the grid, on their own terms.
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
This Day in History
Vice President Al Gore reluctantly concedes defeat to Texas Governor George W. Bush in his bid for the presidency, following weeks of legal battles over the rec…
Author: Beth Dunn
Don’t let the lace doilies and lavender sachets fool you—life for women in Victorian England wasn’t always how we imagine it.
From group marriage to restrictions on hot baths, explore the surprising practices of five utopian communities in 19th-century America.
English fashion icon Beau Brummell introduced his compatriots to his revolutionary ideas on hygiene in the late 18th and early 19th centuries.