- 10 Things You Didn't Know About William Shakespeare
- 11 Things You May Not Know About Ancient Egypt
- 8 Reasons Why Rome Fell
- 10 Things You May Not Know About the Vikings
- 10 Things You May Not Know About Genghis Khan
- 8 Reasons It Wasn’t Easy Being Spartan
- 10 Innovations That Built Ancient Rome
- 6 Mysterious Disappearances in U.S. History
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Follow Eustace, Tom and Marty as they devote their lives to surviving off the grid, on their own terms.
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
This Day in History
On this day in 1932, in his cell at Yerovda Jail near Bombay, Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi begins a hunger strike in protest of the British government's deci…
Author: Beth Dunn
Don’t let the lace doilies and lavender sachets fool you—life for women in Victorian England wasn’t always how we imagine it.
From group marriage to restrictions on hot baths, explore the surprising practices of five utopian communities in 19th-century America.
English fashion icon Beau Brummell introduced his compatriots to his revolutionary ideas on hygiene in the late 18th and early 19th centuries.