- 8 Historical Figures with Unusual Work Habits
- 8 Reasons Why Rome Fell
- 11 Things You May Not Know About Ancient Egypt
- 10 Things You May Not Know About Genghis Khan
- 6 Daring Double Agents
- 10 Things You May Not Know About the Vikings
- 10 Things You May Not Know About Roman Gladiators
- 8 Reasons It Wasn’t Easy Being Spartan
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Follow Eustace, Tom and Marty as they devote their lives to surviving off the grid, on their own terms.
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
This Day in History
Gandhi assassinated, 1948
Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi, the political and spiritual leader of the Indian independence movement, is assassinated in New Delhi by a Hindu fanatic. Born the so…
Author: Beth Dunn
Don’t let the lace doilies and lavender sachets fool you—life for women in Victorian England wasn’t always how we imagine it.
From group marriage to restrictions on hot baths, explore the surprising practices of five utopian communities in 19th-century America.
English fashion icon Beau Brummell introduced his compatriots to his revolutionary ideas on hygiene in the late 18th and early 19th centuries.