- 6 Mysterious Disappearances in U.S. History
- 6 Historical Figures Who Were Kicked Out of School
- 11 Things You May Not Know About Ancient Egypt
- 7 Terrifying Historical Figures
- 8 Reasons Why Rome Fell
- 10 Things You May Not Know About Genghis Khan
- 10 Things You May Not Know About the Vikings
- 10 Innovations That Built Ancient Rome
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
This Day in History
On this day in 1517, the priest and scholar Martin Luther approaches the door of the Castle Church in Wittenberg, Germany, and nails a piece of paper to it cont…
Author: Beth Dunn
Don’t let the lace doilies and lavender sachets fool you—life for women in Victorian England wasn’t always how we imagine it.
From group marriage to restrictions on hot baths, explore the surprising practices of five utopian communities in 19th-century America.
English fashion icon Beau Brummell introduced his compatriots to his revolutionary ideas on hygiene in the late 18th and early 19th centuries.