- 6 Viking Leaders You Should Know
- 6 Civil War Guerrilla Leaders
- A Library of 8 Lost Literary Works
- 6 Civil War Battles After Appomattox
- 6 Famous Pirate Strongholds
- 10 Things You May Not Know About the Vikings
- 7 Historical Treasures Discovered by Accident
- 11 Things You May Not Know About Ancient Egypt
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Follow Eustace, Tom and Marty as they devote their lives to surviving off the grid, on their own terms.
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
This Day in History
On April 20, 1980, the Castro regime announces that all Cubans wishing to emigrate to the U.S. are free to board boats at the port of Mariel west of Havana, lau…
Author: Beth Dunn
Don’t let the lace doilies and lavender sachets fool you—life for women in Victorian England wasn’t always how we imagine it.
From group marriage to restrictions on hot baths, explore the surprising practices of five utopian communities in 19th-century America.
English fashion icon Beau Brummell introduced his compatriots to his revolutionary ideas on hygiene in the late 18th and early 19th centuries.