- 10 Things You May Not Know About the Vikings
- 11 Things You May Not Know About Ancient Egypt
- 6 Mysterious Disappearances in U.S. History
- 8 Reasons Why Rome Fell
- 8 Reasons It Wasn’t Easy Being Spartan
- 10 Innovations That Built Ancient Rome
- 6 Secrets of King Tut
- 10 Things You Didn't Know About William Shakespeare
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Follow Eustace, Tom and Marty as they devote their lives to surviving off the grid, on their own terms.
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
This Day in History
With the world anxiously watching, Apollo 13, a U.S. lunar spacecraft that suffered a severe malfunction on its journey to the moon, safely returns to Earth. On…
Author: Beth Dunn
Don’t let the lace doilies and lavender sachets fool you—life for women in Victorian England wasn’t always how we imagine it.
From group marriage to restrictions on hot baths, explore the surprising practices of five utopian communities in 19th-century America.
English fashion icon Beau Brummell introduced his compatriots to his revolutionary ideas on hygiene in the late 18th and early 19th centuries.