- 10 Things You Didn't Know About William Shakespeare
- 11 Things You May Not Know About Ancient Egypt
- 8 Reasons Why Rome Fell
- 10 Things You May Not Know About the Vikings
- 10 Things You May Not Know About Genghis Khan
- 8 Reasons It Wasn’t Easy Being Spartan
- 10 Innovations That Built Ancient Rome
- 10 Things You May Not Know About Roman Gladiators
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Follow Eustace, Tom and Marty as they devote their lives to surviving off the grid, on their own terms.
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
This Day in History
On this day in 1957, the United States detonates a 1.7 kiloton nuclear weapon in an underground tunnel at the Nevada Test Site (NTS), a 1,375 square mile resear…
Author: Nate Barksdale
Check out some fascinating facts about the Serbian-American physicist and engineer.
Whether revered as a divine symbol of luck and wisdom, used as unique tools of diplomacy between leaders, deployed to intimidate opposing armies or put on display in the service of status or science, elephants have loomed large in the historical record.
Check out six fascinating facts about the Great Charter’s story and its significance.
It isn’t always possible to separate fact and fiction from the stories told about Alexander over the centuries, but here are eight great takeaways from Alexander’s life.
Coffee’s importance can be traced across the centuries through the names we’ve come to know it by.