- 7 Historical Treasures Discovered by Accident
- 6 Famous Ghost Towns and Abandoned Cities
- 6 Viking Leaders You Should Know
- 6 Historical Figures Who May or May Not Have Existed
- 8 Things You May Not Know About the Praetorian Guard
- 10 Things You May Not Know About the Vikings
- 6 Ancient Naval Battles
- 11 Things You May Not Know About Ancient Egypt
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Follow Eustace, Tom and Marty as they devote their lives to surviving off the grid, on their own terms.
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
This Day in History
Eiffel Tower opens, 1889
On March 31, 1889, the Eiffel Tower is dedicated in Paris in a ceremony presided over by Gustave Eiffel, the tower’s designer, and attended by French Prime Mini…
Category: American West
From the origins of his famous name to the mystery surrounding his death, get the story on this legendary American outlaw.
From his days as a teenage Confederate guerilla to his murder at age 34, get the facts about one of America’s most notorious outlaws.
Explore 10 true stories of the Wild West, some of them stranger than fiction.
From Franklin to Absaroka, a number of upstart territories just missed out on statehood at various points in U.S. history.