- 11 Things You May Not Know About Ancient Egypt
- 6 Mysterious Disappearances in U.S. History
- 6 Soldiers Who Refused to Surrender
- 7 Historical Figures Famous for Something They Never Did
- 7 Terrifying Historical Figures
- 10 Common Sayings With Historical Origins
- 8 Unusual Civil War Weapons
- 8 Reasons It Wasn’t Easy Being Spartan
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Meet Rollo, a natural-born fighter forced to live in his brother's shadow.
More than 2.5 million rivets hold together this Paris landmark.
Check out some of Troy's most memorable moments from the swamp.
Explore 10 things you may not know about the annual basketball tournament.
This Day in History
Jaws released, 1975
On this day in 1975, Jaws, a film directed by Steven Spielberg that made countless viewers afraid to go into the water, opens in theaters. The story of a great …
Category: British History
Don’t let the lace doilies and lavender sachets fool you—life for women in Victorian England wasn’t always how we imagine it.
Explore 10 facts about one of European history’s most influential rulers.
Love really can change the world—if you’re a member of one of these famous couples, that is.
English fashion icon Beau Brummell introduced his compatriots to his revolutionary ideas on hygiene in the late 18th and early 19th centuries.
Find out about six young rulers whose actions and decisions had very grown-up consequences.
Find out about six prominent captives who did time in one of history’s most forbidding prisons.
Meet four powerful women who bedded but never wedded their paramours, leaving their mark on history by serving as confidantes and advisers.