- 7 Historical Figures Famous for Something They Never Did
- 8 Unusual Civil War Weapons
- 11 Things You May Not Know About Ancient Egypt
- 10 Common Sayings With Historical Origins
- 6 Soldiers Who Refused to Surrender
- 6 Mysterious Disappearances in U.S. History
- 8 Reasons It Wasn’t Easy Being Spartan
- 7 Terrifying Historical Figures
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Meet Rollo, a natural-born fighter forced to live in his brother's shadow.
More than 2.5 million rivets hold together this Paris landmark.
Check out some of Troy's most memorable moments from the swamp.
Explore 10 things you may not know about the annual basketball tournament.
This Day in History
In Washington, D.C., humanitarians Clara Barton and Adolphus Solomons found the American National Red Cross, an organization established to provide humanitarian…
Get the facts on six famous explorers who journeyed to the far reaches of the earth, only to never be seen again.
From Jimmy Hoffa to the doomed Lost Colony, these inexplicable disappearances continue to befuddle scholars and pique the public’s curiosity.