- 6 Famous Coincidences
- 8 Reasons Why Rome Fell
- 10 Things You May Not Know About Genghis Khan
- 8 Crucial Innovations in the Invention of Photography
- 11 Things You May Not Know About Ancient Egypt
- 10 Things You May Not Know About the Vikings
- 10 Things You May Not Know About John Dillinger
- 8 Reasons It Wasn’t Easy Being Spartan
This Day in History
Bikini introduced, 1946
On July 5, 1946, French designer Louis Reard unveils a daring two-piece swimsuit at the Piscine Molitor, a popular swimming pool in Paris. Parisian showgirl Mic…
More to Explore
Catch up on new discoveries, explore important anniversaries and get the history behind today's headlines.
Count your way through history with eye-opening lineups of events, figures, facts and more.
Myths debunked, truths revealed and your most burning history questions answered.
Explore food facts and get the story behind your favorite dishes.
Nearly 40 years after his mysterious disappearance, the search for the ex-Teamster boss continues to fascinate the public—and frustrate authorities.
Get the facts on six famous explorers who journeyed to the far reaches of the earth, only to never be seen again.
From Jimmy Hoffa to the doomed Lost Colony, these inexplicable disappearances continue to befuddle scholars and pique the public’s curiosity.