- 10 Things You May Not Know About the Vikings
- 6 Mysterious Disappearances in U.S. History
- 11 Things You May Not Know About Ancient Egypt
- 8 Reasons Why Rome Fell
- 8 Reasons It Wasn’t Easy Being Spartan
- 10 Innovations That Built Ancient Rome
- 10 Things You Didn't Know About William Shakespeare
- 6 Secrets of King Tut
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Follow Eustace, Tom and Marty as they devote their lives to surviving off the grid, on their own terms.
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
This Day in History
Rome founded, 0753
According to tradition, on April 21, 753 B.C., Romulus and his twin brother, Remus, found Rome on the site where they were suckled by a she-wolf as orphaned inf…
From aqueducts to battlefield surgery, explore 10 inventions that epitomize the innovative spirit of ancient Rome.