- 10 Things You Didn't Know About William Shakespeare
- 11 Things You May Not Know About Ancient Egypt
- 8 Reasons Why Rome Fell
- 10 Things You May Not Know About the Vikings
- 10 Things You May Not Know About Genghis Khan
- 8 Reasons It Wasn’t Easy Being Spartan
- 10 Innovations That Built Ancient Rome
- 10 Things You May Not Know About Roman Gladiators
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Follow Eustace, Tom and Marty as they devote their lives to surviving off the grid, on their own terms.
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
This Day in History
On this day in 1793, George Washington lays the cornerstone to the United States Capitol building, the home of the legislative branch of American government. Th…
Below, learn 10 surprising facts about the short and infamous life of the man the authorities branded “Public Enemy No. 1.”
Explore 10 interesting facts about the agency J. Edgar Hoover ran for nearly five decades.