- 10 Things You Didn't Know About William Shakespeare
- 11 Things You May Not Know About Ancient Egypt
- 8 Reasons Why Rome Fell
- 10 Things You May Not Know About the Vikings
- 10 Things You May Not Know About Genghis Khan
- 8 Reasons It Wasn’t Easy Being Spartan
- 10 Innovations That Built Ancient Rome
- 6 Mysterious Disappearances in U.S. History
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
This Day in History
Battle of Antietam, 1862
Beginning early on the morning of this day in 1862, Confederate and Union troops in the Civil War clash near Maryland's Antietam Creek in the bloodiest one…
English fashion icon Beau Brummell introduced his compatriots to his revolutionary ideas on hygiene in the late 18th and early 19th centuries.