- 10 Things You Didn't Know About William Shakespeare
- 11 Things You May Not Know About Ancient Egypt
- 8 Reasons Why Rome Fell
- 10 Things You May Not Know About the Vikings
- 10 Things You May Not Know About Genghis Khan
- 8 Reasons It Wasn’t Easy Being Spartan
- 10 Innovations That Built Ancient Rome
- 6 Mysterious Disappearances in U.S. History
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Follow Eustace, Tom and Marty as they devote their lives to surviving off the grid, on their own terms.
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
This Day in History
Battle of Antietam, 1862
Beginning early on the morning of this day in 1862, Confederate and Union troops in the Civil War clash near Maryland's Antietam Creek in the bloodiest one…
Check out some fascinating facts about the Serbian-American physicist and engineer.
Find out how well-known brands such as Wrigley, Duncan Hines and Gillette got their starts.
From pioneering inventions to bold scientific and medical advancements, find out more about 11 innovations that changed the course of human history.
From aqueducts to battlefield surgery, explore 10 inventions that epitomize the innovative spirit of ancient Rome.