- 8 Things You Should Know About Al Capone
- 8 Legendary Battle Cries
- 6 Assassination Attempts on Adolf Hitler
- 6 American Heroes of WWI
- 6 Things You May Not Know About Santa Anna
- 8 Crucial Innovations in the Invention of Photography
- 6 Viking Leaders You Should Know
- 10 Fascinating Facts About Charles Lindbergh
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Follow Eustace, Tom and Marty as they devote their lives to surviving off the grid, on their own terms.
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
This Day in History
Joan of Arc martyred, 1431
At Rouen in English-controlled Normandy, Joan of Arc, the peasant girl who became the savior of France, is burned at the stake for heresy. Joan was born in 1412…
Category: James Garfield
From Humphrey Bogart to Julia Child, find out about seven famous Americans whose relatives came over on the Mayflower.
Meet five U.S. presidents who spent part of their early careers shaping young minds in the classroom.