- 7 Historical Figures Famous for Something They Never Did
- 8 Unusual Civil War Weapons
- 11 Things You May Not Know About Ancient Egypt
- 6 Soldiers Who Refused to Surrender
- 10 Common Sayings With Historical Origins
- 6 Mysterious Disappearances in U.S. History
- 8 Reasons It Wasn’t Easy Being Spartan
- 7 Terrifying Historical Figures
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Meet Rollo, a natural-born fighter forced to live in his brother's shadow.
More than 2.5 million rivets hold together this Paris landmark.
Check out some of Troy's most memorable moments from the swamp.
Explore 10 things you may not know about the annual basketball tournament.
This Day in History
On this day in 1873, San Francisco businessman Levi Strauss and Reno, Nevada, tailor Jacob Davis are given a patent to create work pants reinforced with metal r…
Find out about seven groups of slaves who risked everything for a chance at freedom.