- 7 Historical Treasures Discovered by Accident
- 6 Famous Ghost Towns and Abandoned Cities
- 6 Historical Figures Who May or May Not Have Existed
- 6 Viking Leaders You Should Know
- 8 Things You May Not Know About the Praetorian Guard
- 10 Things You May Not Know About the Vikings
- 5 Infamous “Not Guilty” Verdicts
- 6 Ancient Naval Battles
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Follow Eustace, Tom and Marty as they devote their lives to surviving off the grid, on their own terms.
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
This Day in History
On this day in 1700, English pranksters begin popularizing the annual tradition of April Fools’ Day by playing practical jokes on each other. Although the day, …
From Martin Luther King’s immortal jailhouse letter to a classic of philosophy completed on death row, get the facts on eight of the most influential and incendiary works written from behind bars.
Find out about six prominent captives who did time in one of history’s most forbidding prisons.