- 7 Historical Figures Famous for Something They Never Did
- 8 Unusual Civil War Weapons
- 6 Soldiers Who Refused to Surrender
- 11 Things You May Not Know About Ancient Egypt
- 10 Common Sayings With Historical Origins
- 6 Mysterious Disappearances in U.S. History
- 7 Terrifying Historical Figures
- 8 Reasons It Wasn’t Easy Being Spartan
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Meet Rollo, a natural-born fighter forced to live in his brother's shadow.
More than 2.5 million rivets hold together this Paris landmark.
Check out some of Troy's most memorable moments from the swamp.
Explore 10 things you may not know about the annual basketball tournament.
This Day in History
In a major civil rights victory, the U.S. Supreme Court hands down an unanimous decision in Brown v. Board of Education of Topeka, ruling that racial segregatio…
From their accidental discovery to their sale in the classifieds, find out more about the ancient collection of texts.
From group marriage to restrictions on hot baths, explore the surprising practices of five utopian communities in 19th-century America.