- 5 Things Victorian Women Didn't Do (Much)
- 11 Things You May Not Know About Ancient Egypt
- 7 Historical Figures Famous for Something They Never Did
- 7 Terrifying Historical Figures
- 6 Historical Figures Who May or May Not Have Existed
- 8 Reasons It Wasn’t Easy Being Spartan
- 10 Common Sayings With Historical Origins
- 6 Mysterious Disappearances in U.S. History
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Follow Eustace, Tom and Marty as they devote their lives to surviving off the grid, on their own terms.
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
This Day in History
Edward VIII abdicates, 1936
After ruling for less than one year, Edward VIII becomes the first English monarch to voluntarily abdicate the throne. He chose to abdicate after the British go…
Category: Russian History
While it’s certainly the most famous example, 1962’s Cuban Missile Crisis was not the only time the Cold War between the United States and the Soviet Union almost went “hot.”
Love really can change the world—if you’re a member of one of these famous couples, that is.
From China’s “flying money” to Siberian “soft gold,” here are eight things you may not know about the history of money.
Get the facts on six of history’s most ferocious naval rebellions.