- 6 Infamous Impostors
- 10 Things You Didn't Know About William Shakespeare
- 11 Things You May Not Know About Ancient Egypt
- 10 Things You May Not Know About Genghis Khan
- 8 Reasons Why Rome Fell
- 10 Things You May Not Know About the Vikings
- 8 Reasons It Wasn’t Easy Being Spartan
- 6 Mysterious Disappearances in U.S. History
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Follow Eustace, Tom and Marty as they devote their lives to surviving off the grid, on their own terms.
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
This Day in History
On this day in 1864, Union Army General William Tecumseh Sherman lays siege to Atlanta, Georgia, a critical Confederate hub, shelling civilians and cutting off …
Category: Russian History
Explore eight facts about the brutal and often overlooked Russian front of World War II.
While it’s certainly the most famous example, 1962’s Cuban Missile Crisis was not the only time the Cold War between the United States and the Soviet Union almost went “hot.”
Love really can change the world—if you’re a member of one of these famous couples, that is.
From China’s “flying money” to Siberian “soft gold,” here are eight things you may not know about the history of money.
Get the facts on six of history’s most ferocious naval rebellions.