- 6 Historical Figures Who Were Kicked Out of School
- 6 Mysterious Disappearances in U.S. History
- 11 Things You May Not Know About Ancient Egypt
- 8 Reasons Why Rome Fell
- 7 Terrifying Historical Figures
- 10 Things You May Not Know About the Vikings
- 10 Things You May Not Know About Genghis Khan
- 8 Reasons It Wasn’t Easy Being Spartan
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Follow Eustace, Tom and Marty as they devote their lives to surviving off the grid, on their own terms.
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
This Day in History
Pablo Picasso born, 1881
Pablo Picasso, one of the greatest and most influential artists of the 20th century, is born in Malaga, Spain. Picasso's father was a professor of drawing,…
Category: Russian History
Explore eight facts about the brutal and often overlooked Russian front of World War II.
While it’s certainly the most famous example, 1962’s Cuban Missile Crisis was not the only time the Cold War between the United States and the Soviet Union almost went “hot.”
Love really can change the world—if you’re a member of one of these famous couples, that is.
From China’s “flying money” to Siberian “soft gold,” here are eight things you may not know about the history of money.
Get the facts on six of history’s most ferocious naval rebellions.