- 8 Things You May Not Know About Henry VIII
- 7 Historical Events That Took Place on Christmas
- 7 Things You May Not Know About Jesse James
- 10 Things You May Not Know About Genghis Khan
- 8 Reasons Why Rome Fell
- 11 Things You May Not Know About Ancient Egypt
- 8 Reasons It Wasn’t Easy Being Spartan
- 10 Things You May Not Know About Roman Gladiators
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Follow Eustace, Tom and Marty as they devote their lives to surviving off the grid, on their own terms.
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
This Day in History
On this day in 1988, Pan Am Flight 103 from London to New York explodes in midair over Lockerbie, Scotland, killing all 243 passengers and 16 crew members aboar…
Explore eight reasons why this remarkable transit system helped unite the ancient world.
From high profile capers by the likes of Jesse James and Butch Cassidy to a raid by a gang of Indian political dissidents, find out more about six of history’s most audacious rail heists.
From the earliest steam locomotives to today’s high-speed “bullet trains,” here are eight things you may not know about the “iron horse.”