- 11 Things You May Not Know About Ancient Egypt
- 6 Soldiers Who Refused to Surrender
- 6 Mysterious Disappearances in U.S. History
- 7 Historical Figures Famous for Something They Never Did
- 7 Terrifying Historical Figures
- 10 Common Sayings With Historical Origins
- 8 Unusual Civil War Weapons
- 8 Reasons It Wasn’t Easy Being Spartan
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Meet Rollo, a natural-born fighter forced to live in his brother's shadow.
More than 2.5 million rivets hold together this Paris landmark.
Check out some of Troy's most memorable moments from the swamp.
Explore 10 things you may not know about the annual basketball tournament.
This Day in History
Rosenbergs executed, 1953
On this day in 1953, Julius and Ethel Rosenberg, who were convicted of conspiring to pass U.S. atomic secrets to the Soviets, are executed at Sing Sing Prison i…
Category: U.S. States
From Franklin to Absaroka, a number of upstart territories just missed out on statehood at various points in U.S. history.