- 7 Lost Burial Sites
- 7 Unusual Ancient Medical Techniques
- 8 Surprising Facts about Alexander the Great
- 7 Historical Figures Famous for Something They Never Did
- 10 19th-Century Celebrities You Should Know
- 11 Things You May Not Know About Ancient Egypt
- 10 Things You May Not Know About Genghis Khan
- 6 Secrets of King Tut
This Day in History
Jimmy Hoffa disappears, 1975
On July 31, 1975, James Riddle Hoffa, one of the most influential American labor leaders of the 20th century, disappears in Detroit, Michigan, never to be heard…
More to Explore
Catch up on new discoveries, explore important anniversaries and get the history behind today's headlines.
Count your way through history with eye-opening lineups of events, figures, facts and more.
Myths debunked, truths revealed and your most burning history questions answered.
Explore food facts and get the story behind your favorite dishes.
New York City has thrown more than 200 ticker-tape parades in its history, honoring a wide range of groups and individuals. Check out seven surprising facts you may not know about these unique celebrations.
From a wild boy kept as a pet in King George’s court to an Indian who was supposedly raised by wolves, learn the puzzling and often tragic stories of six famous feral children
Take a trip through six of history’s most enchanting and influential amusement parks.