- 6 Famous Ghost Towns and Abandoned Cities
- 6 Viking Leaders You Should Know
- 7 Historical Treasures Discovered by Accident
- 6 Historical Figures Who May or May Not Have Existed
- 10 Things You May Not Know About the Vikings
- 6 Ancient Naval Battles
- 11 Things You May Not Know About Ancient Egypt
- 8 Reasons Why Rome Fell
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Follow Eustace, Tom and Marty as they devote their lives to surviving off the grid, on their own terms.
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
This Day in History
FDA approves Viagra, 1998
On this day in 1998, the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approves use of the drug Viagra, an oral medication that treats impotence. Sildenafil, the chemical …
From Erik the Red, who founded Greenland’s first Norse settlement, to Cnut the Great, who ruled a vast empire in northern Europe, find out about six fascinating figures of the Viking Age.
From colossal Prussians and delirious Vikings to a faith-based U.S. Army unit, find out more about seven of history’s most unconventional military outfits.
Explore 10 surprising facts about the seafaring Scandinavians.