- Cooking for the Commander-in-Chief: The First Presidential Chefs
- Syllabub: Reviving a Lost Dessert
- Cooking for the Commander-in-Chief: 20th-Century White House Chefs
- Julia Child at 100: Celebrating a Culinary Legacy
- Classic Chocolate Brownies (Video)
- Hamburger Helpers: The History of America's Favorite Sandwich
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
This Day in History
On this day in 1864, Union Army General William Tecumseh Sherman lays siege to Atlanta, Georgia, a critical Confederate hub, shelling civilians and cutting off …
Author: Christopher Klein
For nearly 4,000 years, few foods have inspired such love and lust as that indulgent Valentine’s Day staple—chocolate.