- Cooking for the Commander-in-Chief: The First Presidential Chefs
- Syllabub: Reviving a Lost Dessert
- Cooking for the Commander-in-Chief: 20th-Century White House Chefs
- Julia Child at 100: Celebrating a Culinary Legacy
- Classic Chocolate Brownies (Video)
- Hamburger Helpers: The History of America's Favorite Sandwich
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Follow Eustace, Tom and Marty as they devote their lives to surviving off the grid, on their own terms.
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
This Day in History
On this day in 1969, America's first automatic teller machine (ATM) makes its public debut, dispensing cash to customers at Chemical Bank in Rockville Cent…
Author: Elizabeth Nix
Flint corn, or Indian corn, those ears with the multicolored kernels, crops up in all sorts of fall decorations. How is it different from other types of corn, and can you eat it?