- Cooking for the Commander-in-Chief: The First Presidential Chefs
- Syllabub: Reviving a Lost Dessert
- Cooking for the Commander-in-Chief: 20th-Century White House Chefs
- Food Fraud: A Brief History of the Adulteration of Food
- Food Rationing in Wartime America
- Two Paths to Lobster Roll Perfection (Video)
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
This Day in History
On this day in 1911, a dispatcher in the New York Times office sends the first telegram around the world via commercial service. Exactly 66 years later, the Nat…
Author: Suzanne Evans
What do you get when you send Americans underground to consume alcohol? Finger foods.