- Cooking for the Commander-in-Chief: The First Presidential Chefs
- Syllabub: Reviving a Lost Dessert
- Cooking for the Commander-in-Chief: 20th-Century White House Chefs
- Julia Child at 100: Celebrating a Culinary Legacy
- Classic Chocolate Brownies (Video)
- Hamburger Helpers: The History of America's Favorite Sandwich
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Follow Eustace, Tom and Marty as they devote their lives to surviving off the grid, on their own terms.
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
This Day in History
On this day in 1864, Union Army General William Tecumseh Sherman lays siege to Atlanta, Georgia, a critical Confederate hub, shelling civilians and cutting off …
While the names of these dishes aren’t as familiar to us these days, at one time they were the most popular desserts in America.
Just in time for the change of seasons, here are a few more fun facts about this nutritious and delicious fall staple.
Host Ian Knauer explains how apple pie became an iconic American dessert as he bakes one of his own.