- Cooking for the Commander-in-Chief: The First Presidential Chefs
- Syllabub: Reviving a Lost Dessert
- Cooking for the Commander-in-Chief: 20th-Century White House Chefs
- Food Fraud: A Brief History of the Adulteration of Food
- Food Rationing in Wartime America
- Two Paths to Lobster Roll Perfection (Video)
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Follow Eustace, Tom and Marty as they devote their lives to surviving off the grid, on their own terms.
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
This Day in History
The modern United States receives its crowning star when President Dwight D. Eisenhower signs a proclamation admitting Hawaii into the Union as the 50th state. …
From maggot-infested cheese to the exotic puffer fish, adventurous eaters have their pick of risky delicacies.
Did you know pizza took the United States by storm before it became popular in its native Italy?