- Cooking for the Commander-in-Chief: The First Presidential Chefs
- Romantic Poetry and Lamb Chops
- Syllabub: Reviving a Lost Dessert
- Corned Beef and Cabbage: As Irish as Spaghetti and Meatballs
- A Slice of History: Pizza Through the Ages
- Cooking for the Commander-in-Chief: 20th-Century White House Chefs
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Follow Eustace, Tom and Marty as they devote their lives to surviving off the grid, on their own terms.
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
This Day in History
FDA approves Viagra, 1998
On this day in 1998, the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approves use of the drug Viagra, an oral medication that treats impotence. Sildenafil, the chemical …
Why were apples, tomatoes and potatoes once feared—and forbidden?
Get a taste of the 19th-century rhubarb obsession and whip up a simple rhubarb dessert at home.
Host Ian Knauer explains how apple pie became an iconic American dessert as he bakes one of his own.
Find out how food has been keeping the doctor away since the days of our Neolithic ancestors.