- Syllabub: Reviving a Lost Dessert
- Two Paths to Lobster Roll Perfection (Video)
- Cooking for the Commander-in-Chief: 20th-Century White House Chefs
- Cooking for the Commander-in-Chief: The First Presidential Chefs
- Julia Child at 100: Celebrating a Culinary Legacy
- A Slice of History: Pizza Through the Ages
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Follow Eustace, Tom and Marty as they devote their lives to surviving off the grid, on their own terms.
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
This Day in History
William Shakespeare born, 1564
According to tradition, the great English dramatist and poet William Shakespeare is born in Stratford-on-Avon on April 23, 1564. It is impossible to be certain …
Take a look at the stories behind the bitter herb, the egg and other common Passover foods.
The plain Passover flatbread known as matzo shows its sweeter side.
Most people have heard of Hanukkah latkes, but did you know that jelly donuts are also a traditional holiday treat?