- Cooking for the Commander-in-Chief: The First Presidential Chefs
- Syllabub: Reviving a Lost Dessert
- Cooking for the Commander-in-Chief: 20th-Century White House Chefs
- Classic Chocolate Brownies (Video)
- Julia Child at 100: Celebrating a Culinary Legacy
- Hamburger Helpers: The History of America's Favorite Sandwich
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Follow Eustace, Tom and Marty as they devote their lives to surviving off the grid, on their own terms.
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
This Day in History
On this day in 1864, Union Army General William Tecumseh Sherman lays siege to Atlanta, Georgia, a critical Confederate hub, shelling civilians and cutting off …
Take a look at the stories behind the bitter herb, the egg and other common Passover foods.
The plain Passover flatbread known as matzo shows its sweeter side.
Most people have heard of Hanukkah latkes, but did you know that jelly donuts are also a traditional holiday treat?