- Cooking for the Commander-in-Chief: The First Presidential Chefs
- Syllabub: Reviving a Lost Dessert
- Cooking for the Commander-in-Chief: 20th-Century White House Chefs
- Food Fraud: A Brief History of the Adulteration of Food
- Food Rationing in Wartime America
- Two Paths to Lobster Roll Perfection (Video)
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Follow Eustace, Tom and Marty as they devote their lives to surviving off the grid, on their own terms.
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
This Day in History
On this day in 1911, a dispatcher in the New York Times office sends the first telegram around the world via commercial service. Exactly 66 years later, the Nat…
Take a look at the stories behind the bitter herb, the egg and other common Passover foods.
The plain Passover flatbread known as matzo shows its sweeter side.
Most people have heard of Hanukkah latkes, but did you know that jelly donuts are also a traditional holiday treat?