- Cooking for the Commander-in-Chief: The First Presidential Chefs
- Syllabub: Reviving a Lost Dessert
- Cooking for the Commander-in-Chief: 20th-Century White House Chefs
- Classic Chocolate Brownies (Video)
- Julia Child at 100: Celebrating a Culinary Legacy
- Hamburger Helpers: The History of America's Favorite Sandwich
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Follow Eustace, Tom and Marty as they devote their lives to surviving off the grid, on their own terms.
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
This Day in History
On this day in 1864, Union Army General William Tecumseh Sherman lays siege to Atlanta, Georgia, a critical Confederate hub, shelling civilians and cutting off …
Category: Native Americans
In honor of the 55th anniversary of Alaska’s admittance to the Union, take a look at some traditional Alaskan food.
This week, we’ll take a look at the story behind this popular snack, and discover that there’s more beneath that hard husk than meets the eye.