- Cooking for the Commander-in-Chief: The First Presidential Chefs
- Syllabub: Reviving a Lost Dessert
- Cooking for the Commander-in-Chief: 20th-Century White House Chefs
- Julia Child at 100: Celebrating a Culinary Legacy
- Classic Chocolate Brownies (Video)
- Hamburger Helpers: The History of America's Favorite Sandwich
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Follow Eustace, Tom and Marty as they devote their lives to surviving off the grid, on their own terms.
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
This Day in History
On this day in 1969, America's first automatic teller machine (ATM) makes its public debut, dispensing cash to customers at Chemical Bank in Rockville Cent…
Few meals can be as pleasurable. But the stories behind your basic carbonara, puttanesca and bolognese sauces are anything but simple.
Host Ian Knauer whips up a homemade pasta dish once served by Thomas Jefferson at the White House.