- Cooking for the Commander-in-Chief: The First Presidential Chefs
- Syllabub: Reviving a Lost Dessert
- Cooking for the Commander-in-Chief: 20th-Century White House Chefs
- Food Rationing in Wartime America
- Food Fraud: A Brief History of the Adulteration of Food
- Two Paths to Lobster Roll Perfection (Video)
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Follow Eustace, Tom and Marty as they devote their lives to surviving off the grid, on their own terms.
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
This Day in History
On this day in 1967, Thurgood Marshall becomes the first African American to be confirmed as a Supreme Court justice. He would remain on the Supreme Court for 2…
These days, most Americans relish the idea of dinner without the hassle of dishes, cooking and clean up. But not that long ago, takeout as we know it was unheard of.
Host Ian Knauer serves up pizza history, from ancient flatbreads to today’s pies.
Did you know pizza took the United States by storm before it became popular in its native Italy?