- Julia Child at 100: Celebrating a Culinary Legacy
- Syllabub: Reviving a Lost Dessert
- Cooking for the Commander-in-Chief: The First Presidential Chefs
- Cooking for the Commander-in-Chief: 20th-Century White House Chefs
- A Slice of History: Pizza Through the Ages
- Nigiri to California Rolls: Sushi in America
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Follow Eustace, Tom and Marty as they devote their lives to surviving off the grid, on their own terms.
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
This Day in History
On January 25, 1905, at the Premier Mine in Pretoria, South Africa, a 3,106-carat diamond is discovered during a routine inspection by the mine's superinte…
Category: White House
If the adage is true, and we really are what we eat, then there’s much to be learned from White House menus.
Host Ian Knauer whips up a homemade pasta dish once served by Thomas Jefferson at the White House.
Meet the cooks who brought White House cuisine into a new age, including Kennedy’s famed chef René Verdon.
Meet the cooks who prepared meals for the early U.S. presidents, often working under conditions that were anything but glamorous.