Fifty years ago this month, John F. Kennedy made either the most important speech of the Cold War era or the most well known pastry-related blunder of all time.
About Hungry HistoryExplore food facts from the past and get the true story behind your favorite dishes.
- Cooking for the Commander-in-Chief: The First Presidential Chefs
- Romantic Poetry and Lamb Chops
- Syllabub: Reviving a Lost Dessert
- Corned Beef and Cabbage: As Irish as Spaghetti and Meatballs
- A Slice of History: Pizza Through the Ages
- Cooking for the Commander-in-Chief: 20th-Century White House Chefs
History.com on Facebook
More to Explore
Follow Eustace, Tom and Marty as they devote their lives to surviving off the grid, on their own terms.
Get the real story behind this famous World War II icon.
Explore 7 ways the battle changed the course of the Civil War.
Watch the exclusive web series.
This Day in History
President Reagan shot, 1981
On March 30, 1981, President Ronald Reagan is shot in the chest outside a Washington, D.C., hotel by a deranged drifter named John Hinckley Jr. The president ha…