Go RVing's Ultimate Roadtrip Sweepstakes Official Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
- 1. SPONSORS: History Channel, a division of A&E Television Networks, LLC, 235 E. 45 Street, New York, NY 10017 and Go RVing, Inc., 1896 Preston White Dr, Reston, VA 20191 ("Sponsors").
- 2. ELIGIBILITY: The Go RVing's Ultimate Roadtrip Sweepstakes ("Sweepstakes") is open only to persons, who are, as of date of entry, 18 years of age or older, legal residents of, and physically located within, the 48 contiguous United States or D.C., except that employees, officers and directors (and the members of their households and their immediate family members (defined as parents, children and their spouses) of Sponsors and each of their parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies, and the advertising, promotional and fulfillment agencies of each of them are not eligible to enter or win.
- 3. HOW TO ENTER: This Sweepstakes begins at 10:00:00 A.M. Eastern Time ("ET") on March 29, 2010 and ends on 11:59:59 P.M. ET on June 15, 2010. To enter this Sweepstakes, go to http://www.history.com/roadtrip (the "Sweepstakes Website") and complete the online entry form, then click "submit" to enter the drawing for the grand prize (individually, an "Entry" and collectively, the "Entries"). All Entries must be received by 11:59:59 P.M. ET on June 15, 2010. The Sweepstakes Website's database clock will be the official timekeeper for this Sweepstakes. Only one (1) Entry per person/email address per day; entries with duplicate email addresses or multiple entries using different email addresses for a single individual per day will be disqualified. In the event of a dispute over the identity of an entrant, the relevant Entry will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry. "Authorized account holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. No incomplete, forged or altered Entries will be accepted. Entries generated by a script, macro or other automated means are void.
- 4. SELECTION OF WINNER/ODDS OF WINNING: Winner will be determined from all eligible Entries received in a random drawing to be conducted on or about June 25, 2010 by an independent judging organization whose decisions are final and binding in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes. The odds of winning the prize will be determined by the number of eligible Entries received.
- 5. PRIZE: ONE (1) GRAND PRIZE: Grand Prize is an eight (8) day/seven (7) night trip for winner and three (3) guests ("Guest(s)") to one (1) of the following three (3) destinations selected by Grand Prize winner: Little Big Horn National Monument, MT, Yosemite National Park, CA or Cape Canaveral, FL ("Chosen Destination") and consists of (a) one (1) coach-class round trip airfare for Grand Prize winner and each Guest from a major commercial airport nearest Grand Prize winner's residence to a major commercial airport nearest Chosen Destination ("Destination Airport") (b) one (1) round trip airport shuttle service for Grand Prize winner and Guests between Destination Airport and RV rental location selected by Sponsors, (c) seven (7) night rental of a standard 23'-25' RV (awarded in the form of a check in the name of the Grand Prize winner; check will cover the rental of the RV and related insurance costs and Grand Prize winner may only use the check for such purposes), (d) $1,050 spending allowance (awarded in the form of a check in the name of the Grand Prize winner), (e) seven (7) nights camping accommodations at the Chosen Destination and (f) tickets/access for Grand Prize winner and Guests to one or more activities selected by Sponsors at the Chosen Destination ("Trip"). GRAND PRIZE WINNER (OR A GUEST) MUST BE AT LEAST 25 YEARS OF AGE, A LICENSED DRIVER AND HAVE AND PRESENT HIS/HER DRIVER'S LICENSE AND ONE (1) MAJOR CREDIT CARD IN GOOD STANDING TO RENT RV. Driver(s) of RV on Trip must take the mandatory sixty (60) minute course provided upon RV rental pick up. Approximate retail value ("ARV") of Trip: $9,150 - $9,900. ARV will vary depending upon points of departure and destination and seasonal fluctuation of rates and airfares. If the actual value of the Grand Prize is less than the stated ARV, the difference will not be awarded. If Grand Prize winner's residence is located less than two hundred fifty (250) miles from the Chosen Destination, round-trip ground transportation via a method selected by Sponsors between Grand Prize winner's residence and the RV pickup location may be substituted. All expenses, costs and incidentals not specifically mentioned herein are not included and are solely the Grand Prize winner's responsibility, including but not limited to: round trip transportation between the winner's residence and any airport of origin, luggage fees, beverages, taxes, fees, food, gratuities and tips, insurance (other than RV insurance), laundry service, merchandise, parking, room service, service charges, souvenirs and telephone calls. All travel arrangements, including but not limited to travel routes, air carriers, seat locations, and accommodations at the Chosen Destination, are in Sponsors' sole discretion and must be made through Sponsors or their designated agent(s) (and may be subject to change by Sponsors). All Trip components are subject to availability, holiday and blackout dates, and certain other restrictions and all applicable airline carrier/ticket and venue rules, regulations, terms and conditions apply. Sponsors are not responsible for airline and venue cancellations or delays. Grand Prize winner must take Trip before December 31, 2011. If Grand Prize winner cannot take and complete Trip by that date, Grand Prize is subject to forfeiture in its entirety, in which event, Sponsors will have no further obligation to Grand Prize winner. Any depiction of Grand Prize (or any prize component) is for illustrative purposes only. Sponsors are responsible only for prize delivery and are not responsible for prize utility, quality or otherwise. Grand Prize winner may not substitute, assign or transfer any prize or redeem any non-monetary prize (or prize component) for money. Sponsors reserve the right in their sole discretion to substitute any prize (or prize component) with one of equal or greater value. Sponsors will not replace any lost, mutilated, or stolen tickets, travel vouchers, certificates or prizes. Prize elements may not be separated. Airline tickets issued in conjunction with the Trip are not eligible for frequent flyer miles, and no code share flights may be used. Trip cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotion or offer. All fees, federal, state and local taxes and any other expenses relating to the use, acceptance and possession of prize are the sole responsibility of the Grand Prize winner. An IRS form 1099 will be filed in the name of the Grand Prize winner for the value of the prize. If Grand Prize winner or any Guest is a person who is not of the legal age of majority in his/her state of residence (a "Minor"), such Minor must be accompanied on the Trip by a parent or legal guardian ("Parent"), and such Parent must be one of the other Guests. Grand Prize winner and Guests must travel together on the same itinerary and are solely responsible for obtaining all necessary travel documents (i.e. valid photo I.D, etc.) before departure. Failure to provide such documents may result in trip cancellation upon airport check-in. Guests will be required to execute a Release of Liability prior to ticketing. If Grand Prize winner elects to travel without one (1) or more or any Guests, no additional compensation will be awarded and any portion of the Grand Prize allocated to any Guest that does not travel may be forfeited. Except in Sponsors' sole discretion, Trip may not be changed, extended, exchanged or transferred. If a change to the Grand Trip is permitted by Sponsors, any and all associated change fees or restructuring are the sole responsibility of the Grand Prize winner and no refunds or credits will be allowed. If any portion of the Trip is cancelled, postponed or otherwise unavailable for any reason, Sponsors will have no obligation to award compensation in lieu thereof, that portion of the Trip will be cancelled or subject to substitution in the sole discretion of Sponsors, the remainder of the Trip will be awarded, and Sponsors will have no further obligation to Grand Prize winner. The Trip restrictions/conditions stated herein are not all-inclusive and the Trip may be subject to additional restrictions/conditions, which may be stated in Grand Prize winner/Guests travel documents and the affidavits/releases they are required to sign under these Official Rules.
- 6. VERIFICATION OF PRIZE WINNER AND DELIVERY OF PRIZE: Grand Prize winner will be notified by e-mail, and/or telephone, and/or overnight mail on or about June 28, 2010. Grand Prize winner will be required to complete, sign and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability release, and/or IRS Form W-9 and, where permitted, a publicity release (collectively, "Affidavit") prior to delivery of the Grand Prize. If a potential prize winner fails to respond within three (3) days of the first winner notification attempt or to return the executed Affidavit within five (5) business days after it has been mailed to him/her, or if his/her winner notification or prize is returned as undeliverable or unclaimed, or if a potential winner cannot accept or receive the prize for any reason or cannot or does not comply with these Official Rules or is otherwise found to be ineligible, such potential prize winner may be subject to disqualification, his/her prize subject to forfeiture and an alternate winner may be selected in a random drawing from all remaining eligible Entries received. Sponsors reserve the right to modify the notification procedures in connection with the selection of an alternate winner, if any. Entry and acceptance of prize constitutes permission (except where prohibited by law) to use winner's name, prize won, hometown and likeness for online posting and promotional purposes without further compensation. If a Prize is won by a Minor, (a) the Minor's prize may be awarded in the name of his/her Parent in Sponsors' sole discretion, (b) any use of the Minor's name, prize won, hometown or likeness will be subject to the prior written approval of his/her Parent and (c) the Minor's Parent will be required to execute the Affidavit on the Minor's behalf.
- 8. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY AND DISPUTE RESOLUTION: Sponsors and their respective parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies, those working on their behalf, and each of their respective officers, directors, representatives, employees, agents, successors and assigns (together with Sponsors, "Sweepstakes Entities") are not responsible for injury or damage to entrants' or to any other person's computer related to or resulting from participating in, or accessing or downloading information in connection with, this Sweepstakes. The Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for any misdirected, lost, late, postage due, inaccurate or incomplete Entries (or e-mails or other communications), and such Entries will be void. The Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for: (a) any computer, telephone, cable, network, satellite, electronic or Internet hardware or software malfunctions, failures, errors, delays, disconnections, or unavailability, (b) garbled or jumbled transmissions, (c) service provider/Internet/web site/use net accessibility, availability, or traffic congestion, (d) unauthorized human intervention or (e) the incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry information or the failure to capture any such information. All Entries and other materials submitted by entrants in connection with this Sweepstakes become the property of Sponsors and will not be returned or acknowledged. Proof of sending or submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsors. By entering this Sweepstakes, each entrant (or, if a Minor, his/her Parent) hereby agrees on his/her behalf (and on behalf of his/her heirs, executors and administrators) to release, discharge defend, indemnify and hold harmless each of the Sweepstakes Entities, from any damage, injury, death, loss or other liability, either at law or equity, whether known or unknown, asserted or non-asserted, that may arise from or in any way relate to any entrant's participation in this Sweepstakes or the awarding, acceptance, use or misuse of any prize. Any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with this Sweepstakes shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action. This Sweepstakes shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York, regardless of principles of conflicts of laws that may require the application of the laws of another jurisdiction. Any action or litigation concerning this Sweepstakes shall take place exclusively in the federal or state courts sitting in New York, New York, and each entrant expressly consents to the jurisdiction of and venue in such courts and waives all defenses of lack of jurisdiction and inconvenient forum with respect to such courts. Each entrant agrees to service of process by mail or other method acceptable under the laws of the State of New York. ANY CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND/OR AWARDS SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS ASSOCIATED WITH ENTERING THIS SWEEPSTAKES. ENTRANT HEREBY WAIVES ANY RIGHTS OR CLAIMS TO ATTORNEY'S FEES AND TO INDIRECT, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL AND CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ENTRANT, WHETHER FORESEEABLE OR NOT AND WHETHER BASED ON NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE.
- 9. GENERAL: This Sweepstakes is void outside the 48 contiguous United States and D.C. and where prohibited by law and is subject to all applicable Federal, State and local laws and regulations. By entering this Sweepstakes, each Entrant (or, if a Minor, his/her Parent) agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsors. In addition, each Entrant (or, if a Minor, his/her Parent) represents and warrants that all information contained in his/her entry is true and accurate. Sponsors are not responsible for any printing errors in these Official Rules and Sponsors reserves the right to correct clerical or typographical errors in all promotional materials. In the event this Sweepstakes is compromised for any reason (including due to computer virus, tampering, bugs, computer malfunction, fraud, unauthorized intervention or other causes beyond the control of Sponsors) which, in the sole opinion of Sponsors, corrupts or impairs the administration, security, fairness or proper play of this Sweepstakes, Sponsors reserves the right in their sole discretion to suspend, cancel, modify or terminate this Sweepstakes, and to hold a random drawing from among all eligible, non-suspect Entries received prior to such action. In the event of any such suspension, cancellation, modification or termination a notice of such action will be posted on the Sweepstakes Website, if functioning. Sponsors are not responsible if the Sweepstakes cannot be implemented or any prize cannot be awarded due to delays or interruptions beyond Sponsors' control, including those due to acts of God, acts of war, strikes, governmental action, natural disasters, weather or acts of terrorism. The use of automated software or computer programs to register for or enter this Sweepstakes is prohibited and any individual who uses or attempts to use such methods to register, to play or to enter will be disqualified. Sponsors reserves the right, in their sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant (and all of her/his entries) from this Sweepstakes who does not comply with these Official Rules, and/or from any other promotion conducted now or in the future by Sponsors or any of their affiliated companies if such entrant tampers with the entry process or if her/his fraud or misconduct affects the integrity of this Sweepstakes or otherwise interferes with the proper conduct of this Sweepstakes.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SPONSORS RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANYONE MAKING SUCH AN ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- 10. WINNER'S NAME: For the name of the winner (available after August 25, 2010) send a stamped, self-addressed envelope (postage not required for Vermont residents) by October 25, 2010 to: "Go RVing's Ultimate Roadtrip Sweepstakes" Winner, PO Box 683, 10736 Jefferson Boulevard, Culver City, CA 90230.