JOURNEY THROUGH YOUR HISTORY® SWEEPSTAKES Official Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR
CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
- Eligibility: To enter the HISTORY & Ancestry Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) you must be: (i) a legal resident of one (1) of the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia (the “United States”); (ii) eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of entry; and (iii) physically located within the United States at the time of entry. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. A&E Television Networks, LLC (“Sponsor”), Bottlerocket Marketing Group, LLC (“Administrator”), Ancestry.com Operations Inc. (“Ancestry”), and all of their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, licensors, distributors, promotional/advertising agencies, divisions (collectively, the “Sweepstakes Entities”), each of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents, members of their immediate families and members of their household are ineligible to enter the Sweepstakes.
- Sweepstakes Period: The Sweepstakes period begins at 12 P.M. Eastern Time (“ET”) on May 25, 2017 and ends at 11:59 A.M. ET on June 22, 2017 (the “Sweepstakes Period”).
- How To Enter: During the Sweepstakes Period, entrants (“Entrants”) can visit JourneyThroughHistorySweeps.com (“Website”) directly, or by clicking any online media promoting the Sweepstakes, from a desktop or laptop computer or a mobile device and enter by selecting a region on one of the displayed maps, completing the on-screen registration form, and submitting the form in order to receive one (1) entry (“Entry”). There will be a post on both the official HISTORY® Facebook and Twitter accounts, as well as additional promotion from Ancestry, prompting Entrants to enter the sweepstakes on the Website. The Facebook and Twitter posts will include a link to visit the Website. Limit one (1) registration Entry per person at the Website. Entrant will have the opportunity on the Website to opt-in to receiving emails from Ancestry. Upon completing their Entry on the Website only, Entrant will be prompted to share the Sweepstakes on Twitter. Entrant will receive one (1) Entry for clicking the share button on the Website. There is an overall total of two (2) Entries per person during the Sweepstakes Period. Additional Entries may only be obtained by sharing on Twitter, and all share Tweets must contain the following hashtag: #Sweepstakes. Entrant must be a registered member of Twitter (if they want to earn additional Entries), with an account in good standing. To become a registered member of Twitter, Entrants can go to www.twitter.com and follow the instructions to become a registered member and create an account (registration is free). Entrants must have Internet access and a non-private Twitter account to earn additional Entries in this Sweepstakes. Any Entrant found using multiple email or Twitter accounts to enter or participate within this Sweepstakes will be ineligible to participate in the Sweepstakes and all affiliated Entries will be disqualified. All properly completed Entries will automatically be entered into the Sweepstakes, subject to the limit per person. If a potential Entry or tweet contains language or material that Sponsor does not deem appropriate, in its sole discretion, such tweet will be disqualified from entry into the Sweepstakes. Only Entries submitted during the Sweepstakes Period as described herein will be eligible. The Sponsor's database clock will be the official timekeeping device of the Sweepstakes. Incomplete, corrupted, false, late, or inappropriate tweets/Entries will be disqualified. In the event of any dispute concerning the identity of any entrant, the relevant Entry will be deemed submitted by the authorized email address associated with Entry or the Twitter account holder of the applicable Twitter account used to enter. Normal Internet and/or mobile device access and data/usage charges imposed by entrants’ online and/or mobile service will apply and are entrants’ sole responsibility. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, misdirected, corrupted, incomplete or damaged Entries. Proof of submission is not proof of receipt by Sponsor. Automated, script, macro or robotic Entries will be disqualified. This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Twitter. You understand that you are providing your information to A&E Television Networks, LLC and not to Twitter or any other social media or third-party platform on which the Sweepstakes may be promoted (collectively, “Third-Party Platforms”). The information you provide will only be used by the Sweepstakes Entities in the event you are selected as a Sweepstakes winner or if you have indicated that you would like to receive additional information from A&E Television Networks, LLC and Ancestry (if applicable).
- Random Drawing/Prizes: On or about June 26, 2017, Sponsor will conduct a random drawing (“Random Drawing”), from among all eligible Entries received throughout the Sweepstakes Period, in order to select fifty (50) potential Grand Prize winners (each a “Potential Winner”). Odds of winning a prize depend upon the total number of eligible Entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. Once confirmed, as detailed below, each prize winner will receive one (1) AncestryDNA Kit. The approximate retail value (“ARV”) of each prize is ninety-nine dollars ($99). The total ARV of all prizes available to be awarded in this Sweepstakes is four thousand nine hundred fifty dollars ($4,950).
- Prizes Winner Notification and Verification: The Potential Winners must comply with these Official Rules as published in order to be confirmed as an official prize winner and be eligible to receive a prize. All decisions of Sponsor/Administrator are final and binding. On or about three (3) business days after the Random Drawing, Administrator will notify the Potential Winners via email. Potential winners must verify address via email within three (3) days of notification and then will subsequently receive their prizes via mail. If any prize notification or prize is returned as non-deliverable, or if a Potential Winner fails to respond by the required deadline, an alternate Potential Winner will be selected. If a Potential Winner is found to be ineligible or if a potential winner does not comply with the Official Rules, then Potential Winner may also be disqualified and an alternate Potential Prize winner will be selected. Sponsor shall have no liability for any winner notification that is lost, intercepted or not received by a Potential Winner for any reason. If in any instance, notification attempt(s) for a Potential Winner fail for any reason, if a Potential Winner does not respond in the time provided, if an email address that the Potential Winner responds with does not work, or if a Potential Winner is found to have not complied with these Official Rules, the applicable prize will be forfeited and an alternate Potential Winner will be selected from among remaining eligible Entries, if any. Acceptance of a prize constitutes permission for the Sponsor, Ancestry, and their designees to use the Entrant’s full name, Twitter account information, Twitter username, actual or simulated likenesses, biographical information, city, state, opinions, and prize information of prize winner in connection with the Sweepstakes and/or Ancestry’s products and services and the exploitation thereof (including, without limitation, for advertising and promotional purposes), in perpetuity, throughout the universe, in all media, without additional compensation, unless prohibited by law. Further, prize winners shall indemnify the Sweepstakes Entities from any claims, damages, liabilities and expenses (including reasonable legal fees) arising from breach of these Official Rules. Sponsor may successively attempt to contact up to three (3) Potential Winners, for each prize, in accordance with such procedure, and if there is still no confirmed prize winner after such attempts have been made, the applicable prize may go un-awarded.
- Prize Conditions: The prize winners may not substitute, assign or transfer a prize. Sponsor and the Sweepstakes prize providers reserve the right in their sole discretion to substitute a prize (or prize component, if applicable) with one of equal or greater value. Prizes will be awarded only if the Potential Winners fully comply with these Official Rules. Sponsor is responsible only for delivery of the prize packages and is not responsible for prize utility or otherwise. AETN shall ship the prizes to the prize winners. All applicable federal, state or other tax liabilities (including income taxes) arising from the prizes associated with the Sweepstakes will be solely the responsibility of the prize winners. In no event will Sponsor be responsible for awarding more than the fifty (50) stated prizes herein. All details and other restrictions of the prize package not specified in these Official Rules will be determined solely by Sponsor; in its sole discretion. The prize restrictions/conditions stated herein are not all-inclusive. Prizes are awarded "AS IS" and WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, express or implied, including, without limitation, any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. Any and all guarantees and warrantees on merchandise is subject to the manufacturer’s terms and conditions, and prize winners agree to look solely to said manufacturer(s) for any such warranty or guarantee claim.
- Limitation of Liability and Governing Law: Released Parties are not responsible for any claims, damages, expenses, costs or losses to any person (including death) or property of any kind resulting from, arising from, or in connection with, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from: (a) any typographical or other error in the printing of the Official Rules, offering or announcement of the prizes; (b) late, lost, stolen, damaged, garbled, incomplete or misdirected Entries or other communications; (c) errors, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects or delays in operations or transmission of information, in each case whether arising by way of technical or other failures or malfunctions of computer hardware, software, communications devices or transmission lines; (d) data corruption, theft, destruction, loss, unauthorized access to or alteration of Entry materials; (e) electronic communications that are undeliverable as a result of any form of active or passive filtering of any kind or insufficient space in Entrant's e-mail account to receive e-mail messages; or (f) any problems or technical, hardware or software malfunctions of any telephone network or telephone lines, failed, incorrect, inaccurate, incomplete, garbled or delayed electronic communications whether caused by the sender or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or Entries to be received by the Sponsor due to technical problems, human error or traffic congestion, unavailable network connections on the Internet or any website, or any combination thereof, including, without limitation, any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participating in the Sweepstakes or downloading any materials associated with the Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any Entrant (and all of their Sweepstakes Entries) from the Sweepstakes and/or any other promotion conducted now or in the future by Sponsor or any of its affiliated companies, if entrant is in violation of these Official Rules, tampers with the entry process, acts in an unsportsmanlike manner or where an act of fraud or misconduct affects the integrity of the Sweepstakes, in any way. Sponsor reserves the right to correct clerical or typographical errors in any promotional materials. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, THE SWEEPSTAKES, THE PRIZES, AND ALL MATERIALS PROVIDED ON OR THROUGH THIS SWEEPSTAKES ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS. ANY CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND/OR AWARDS SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS ASSOCIATED WITH ENTERING THE SWEEPSTAKES. ENTRANT HEREBY WAIVES ANY RIGHTS OR CLAIMS TO ATTORNEY’S FEES, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ENTRANT, WHETHER FORESEEABLE OR NOT AND WHETHER BASED ON NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE. The Sweepstakes will be governed by the internal laws of the State of New York and shall be resolved individually, without resort to class action. Any and all legal actions or claims arising in connection with the Sweepstakes must be brought in a court of competent jurisdiction located in New York County, New York.
- CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM THOSE MAKING SUCH ATTEMPTS TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- Names of Prize Winners/Official Rules: To obtain the names of the prize winners or a copy of the Official Rules, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Journey through your HISTORY® Sweepstakes, c/o Bottlerocket Marketing Group, 1500 Broadway, 32nd Floor, NY, NY, 10036. All requests must be received before August 22, 2017. Names of prize winners will be sent after selection and verification of such. Vermont residents may omit return postage on rules requests.
- Sponsor: A&E Television Networks, LLC, 235 East 45th Street, New York, NY 10017.
- Administrator: Bottlerocket Marketing Group, LLC, 1500 Broadway, 32nd Floor, NY, NY, 10036.
This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with any Third Party Platform. You understand that you are providing your information to the Sponsor, and not to any Third Party Platform.